The first thing I want to get straight is that we want your business. If, in your wisdom, you choose to become a client I give you my personal commitment to deliver the best service possible.
Now that I have made that statement let me be brutally frank. Our service is not for everybody. There, I’ve said it, no b******t and no beating around the bush. We are all hyper busy these days. In the interest of respecting your time I thought I would make very clear some of the reasons why SalesTestOnline.com might not be a good choice for you.
- We are the wrong choice if you are looking for a sales test that identifies learned aspects of the candidate such as sales skills, product knowledge or industry knowledge. These things can be readily indentified in applicants and are teachable. Furthermore, research shows that sales people rarely fail because they lack in these areas. SalesTestOnline.com measures the underlying temperament and motivational style of the candidate. This will usually determine success or failure.
- If you equate a long test with ‘comprehensiveness’ or you believe a short test is easily ‘manipulated’ by sales candidates then we are definitely not a good fit. One of the most attractive features of our system is our quick and painless yet very accurate test that typically takes about 10 minutes to complete. But that might not be a feature you feel comfortable with.
- In the same vein as point #2, if you equate a very long report on the candidate as more desirable then the brevity and bluntness of our reports will not appeal to you. Our test results are about 3 pages long and are written in a very blunt style for ultimate clarity of message. You might be more comfortable with some of the sales test reports of our competitors that run to over 20 pages and have lots of lines and graphs and ambiguous statements.
- Feeling uncomfortable about buying your tests in blocks in order to keep your per test costs low is another area that might give you discomfort. We offer our testing in prepaid blocks and do not offer single assessments. This is very efficient for us and actually saves you quite a bit on a per report basis. In order to alleviate the ‘pain’ of this your tests never expire and you can use them to test people for various roles.
- If you are under the impression that our sales assessment is some sort of magic bullet that will solve all of your sales hiring needs, then sorry but we will probably rain on your parade. You can expect us to tell you in no uncertain terms that our test is a hiring tool and not the be all and end all. People are complex creatures so you should plan on using it for what it is and clearly understand what it is not.
I hope I have not given you the impression that we do not wish to hear from you just because some or even all of these items apply to you. Nothing could be further from the truth. I would very much enjoy a frank conversation with you about your sales hiring plans, goals and particularly your challenges. We’ve been doing this for over 30 years. I am happy to share any of our insights if you are interested.